Nairobi Airport things to do in a day include visit to Nairobi national park, elephant orphanage, giraffe Centre, Nairobi museum, lake Naivasha and hells gate national park among other places to visit in 1 day trip.
5 Day Tours near Nairobi Airport on a Layover
Take any of these 5 things to do near Nairobi airport on a layover to several spots near Nairobi. You can go for a game drive, hike, climbing, bird watching, sightseeing and boating and hiking day tours near Nairobi airport. Here are 5 things to do near Nairobi airport on a layover wait below:-
- Nairobi national park game drive from Nairobi
- Hells gate and Lake Naivasha 1 day trip from Nairobi
- David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Centre
- Nairobi city walking tour from NBO airport
- Nairobi Museum, Karen Blixen and Railway Museum day tours from Nairobi airport
These are the closest day tours from Nairobi airport that you can go for game drives, climbing, walking safari, bird watching, sightseeing among others.
- Nairobi national park game drive. You can take a Nairobi park day trip and enjoy a game drive in the park from the NBO airport. The park is located some 10 minutes from the NBO departure terminal and you can do a game drive here if you have 5 hours or more of a layover at Nairobi international airport. Animals here include lions, buffalos, rhinos, leopards, hippos, crocodiles, elands, wildebeests, zebra, impala, cheetahs, gazelles and many more. You can also visit the dams and river in the park to see some of the most beautiful sites. A sunrise inside Nairobi national park is a to-die-for experience.
- Hells gate national park, lake Naivasha, MT Longonot. Hells gate allows walking safaris among wildlife including giraffes, buffalo, zebra and more. Hells gate is a volcanic park with lots of geysers, hot springs and hot streams. Lake Naivasha is a beautiful lake that offers boat fishing for common carps, tilapia, crayfish and others. You will also see the hippos at the hippo pool including hundreds of birds and wildlife around the lake. Mt Longonot is a dormant strato-volcanic mountain which is medium difficulty but with the best views into the crater below. A Hike on Longonot takes 5hrs and its 13km from gate to around the crater rim and back to gate.
- David Sheldrick elephant orphanage and Giraffe centre. David Sheldrick elephant orphanage is located in the Nairobi national park western edge. The Sheldrick elephant rescue centre takes in orphaned baby elephants that have been abandoned by their mothers due to human wildlife conflict and poaching. The David Sheldrick baby elephant sanctuary has a public viewing and lecture every day from 1100hrs to 1200hrs. The giraffe centre is a sanctuary for the endangered Rothschild giraffes which also includes the giraffe manor. The African fund for endangered wildlife runs this Centre for the benefit of conservation education. You can visit both of these places if you have layover starting from 0400hrs to 1000hrs up to 1400hrs.
- Nairobi city walking tour from NBO airport. The Nairobi city walking tour can start from the airport and includes a walk past the railway yard, the American embassy memorial park, the KICC convention centre helipad, the city hall, catholic cathedral, parliament buildings, president’s office, and the first president’s mausoleum. Your walking Nairobi city tour will also take you through the streets of Nairobi to see the Victorian age colonial buildings done by the British and the Nairobi University.
- Nairobi Museum, Karen Blixen, Railway Museum. This is a tour of famous Nairobi museums. The tour starts with the Karen Blixen museum where the life of a colonial aristocrat was lived. It’s a story of fame and love for Africa and romance. Next is the railway museum where you will observe the building of the railway from Mombasa to Kampala by the British colonialists. The railway was instrumental to the beginning of Nairobi city. Finally, you will visit the Nairobi museum to watch the history, people, culture, animals and birds of Kenya. The museum is a rich place to learn everything about Kenya. This tour may require at least 6hours to cover all the 3 museums.
To find out more about places you can go to in Nairobi airport layover, Send Robert a whatsapp message on +254722661827 or email us on email@example.com